Waseda University will be awarding an honorary doctorate to Dr. Peter Maurer, President of the International Committee of the Red Cross, to honor his service in a leadership capacity as ICRC President, his significant expansion of humanitarian aid activities and his contribution to the peace and security of the world made in the spirit of impartiality, neutrality and independence.
To mark this occasion, Waseda University will be holding a conferral ceremony on the following date and time.
Date: November 20, 2018 (Tues)
Time: Doors Open: 12:55 Conferral Ceremony and Speech: 13:25 – 14:25
Venue: Ono Memorial Hall, Waseda University Building No. 27
Target Audience: Waseda University students, faculty and staff; invited guests; general public
Language: Japanese, English (simultaneous interpreting available)
To register for this event, please complete the form linked below.
- Reception will be divided into general, university and guest reception desks. Please give your name to staff at reception before entering the venue. (You may be asked to present ID)
- After the reception desk has closed, entry and re-entry will not be permitted.
- Please turn off cellphones during the speech. Once the event has started, you will be unable to change seats.
- Recording and photography are not permitted inside the auditorium.
- Shouting and carrying signs either in front of or inside the auditorium, disruptive behavior or refusal to follow the instructions of staff may result in dismissal from the event.
- For public relations purposes, a photographer has been arranged for this event. Please be advised that event photography may include audience members.
- Seating for this event will be on a first come, first served basis. Please be advised that you may be refused entry if the auditorium reaches capacity.
Inquiries: Waseda University Academic Affairs Section Email: firstname.lastname@example.org