Waseda University will be awarding an honorary doctorate to Dr. Amartya Kumar Sen, recipient of the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences and Thomas W. Lamont University Professor at Harvard University, to honor his contributions in academic fields such as political philosophy and ethics, centered on welfare economics, social choice theory and theory of justice.
To mark this occasion, an award ceremony and commemorative lecture will be held. Registration for this event has now been closed after interest far exceeded the number of seats available at the event location. Please watch the online streaming through YouTube Live.
- Date: April 24 (Tues), 2018
- Time: 10:40 – 12:30 *Doors open at 10:00, reception until 10:40
- Venue: Okuma Auditorium, Waseda University
- Open to students, faculty, staff, invitees and the general public
- Language: English and Japanese *Simultaneous interpretation will be provided
Notice for those coming on April 24 (Tues)
- Due to security reasons, re-entry is not allowed once the event starts.
- During the event, all cellphones must be turned off and changing seats is not allowed.
- No audio or visual recording devices are allowed in the auditorium.
- Anyone who causes a disturbance during the event (ie. yelling, carrying posters or signs) will be asked to leave the premises.
- The event will be recorded for PR purposes. Please note that the members of the audience may be recorded.
- There is a limit to seating capacity, and seats are available on a first-come-first-served basis.
Thank you for your understanding in advance.
Academic Affairs Division
E-mail: [email protected]