Schedule for March 2021 Graduation CeremoniesThu, Oct 8, 2020
The Spring 2021 university-wide graduation ceremonies will be held on March 25 and 26, 2021. As the ceremonies will be conducted over a period of two days, graduating students should take note which day their graduation ceremony will be held on.
As part of the protective measures to prevent the spread of Covid-19, only graduating students are invited to attend the ceremonies. Family members of the graduating students and all those who are interested are welcomed to watch the ceremonies live online.
Please take note that depending on circumstances and the Covid-19 spread, changes may be made to the schedule and/or how the ceremonies will be held.
March 25 (Thu), 2021 at Waseda Arena, Toyama Campus
First Session (10:00~11:00, tentative)
School of Political Science and Economics; School of Law; School of Social Sciences; Graduate School of Political Science; Graduate School of Economics; Graduate School of Law; Graduate School of Social Sciences; Waseda Law School
Second Session (14:00~15:00, tentative)
School of Culture, Media and Society; School of Humanities and Social Sciences; School of Commerce; Graduate School of Letters, Arts and Sciences; Graduate School of Commerce; Graduate School of Accountancy; Graduate School of Business and Finance
March 26 (Fri), 2020 at Waseda Arena, Toyama Campus
Third Session (10:00~11:00, tentative)
School of Education; School of Human Sciences (including the Online Degree Program); School of Sport Sciences; School of International Liberal Studies; Graduate School of Education; Graduate School of Human Sciences; Graduate School of Sport Sciences; Graduate School of Asia-Pacific Studies; Graduate School of Japanese Applied Linguistics; Graduate School of International Culture and Communication Studies
Fourth Session (14:00~15:00, tentative)
School of Fundamental Science and Engineering; School of Creative Science and Engineering; School of Advanced Science and Engineering; Graduate School of Fundamental Science and Engineering; Graduate School of Creative Science and Engineering; Graduate School of Advanced Science and Engineering; Graduate School of Global Information and Telecommunication Studies; Graduate School of Information, Production and Systems*; Graduate School of Environment and Energy Engineering; Art and Architecture School
*Only degrees for PhD students and valedictorian of the Master’s degree program will be conferred at Waseda Arena. Degrees for all other students will be conferred at the Kitakyushu Science and Research Park.
- The undergraduate and graduate schools are currently making decisions on the graduation ceremony organized by each school, etc. They will respectively make an announcement on these matters later.
- Doors to the venue will open an hour before the start of each ceremony.
- Signboards with “Waseda University Graduation Ceremony” written on them are planned to be placed throughout the Waseda Campus (near the Shigenobu Okuma Statue, the Main Gate, and the Okuma Garden). There will be no signboards at the Toyama Campus.
- The Okuma Garden will be open from 8:00-17:00 (It will be closed if raining).
- If you need any special assistance to attend the ceremony (e.g. note-taking, sign language interpretation, seating assistance, seat reservations, attending the ceremony with a small child, etc.), please contact the General Affairs Division three weeks in advance regarding your inquiry. We will do our best to accommodate your needs.
If you have any questions about the graduation ceremonies, please call the General Affairs Division at 03-3203-4333. If you have any questions regarding graduation ceremonies organized by individual schools/graduate schools, contact the respective school/graduate school.