Schedule for Spring 2020 Entrance CeremoniesMon, Oct 14, 2019
The Spring 2020 universitywide entrance ceremonies will be held on April 1 and 2, 2020. Students should arrive 15 minutes in advance to their respective ceremonies. See below for further details.
April 1 (Wed), 2020 at Waseda Arena, Toyama Campus
First Session (10:00-11:00, tentative)
School of Political Science and Economics; School of Law; Graduate School of Political Science; Graduate School of Economics; Graduate School of Law; Waseda Law School
Second Session (13:30-14:30, tentative)
School of Education; School of Sport Sciences; School of International Liberal Studies; Graduate School of Education; Graduate School of Sport Sciences; Graduate School of Asia-Pacific Studies; Graduate School of Japanese Applied Linguistics; Graduate School of International Culture and Communication Studies
Third Session (16:30-17:30, tentative)
School of Culture, Media and Society; School of Humanities and Social Sciences; Graduate School of Letters, Arts and Sciences
April 1 (Wed), 2020 at Nishiwaseda Campus
Art and Architecture School
April 2 (Thurs), 2020 at Waseda Arena, Toyama Campus
Fourth Session (10:00-11:00, tentative)
School of Commerce; School of Social Sciences; School of Human Sciences (including the Internet Degree Program); Graduate School of Commerce; Graduate School of Social Sciences; Graduate School of Human Sciences; Graduate School of Accountancy; Graduate School of Business and Finance
Fifth Session (13:30-14:30, tentative)
School of Fundamental Science and Engineering; School of Creative Science and Engineering; School of Advanced Science and Engineering; Graduate School of Fundamental Science and Engineering; Graduate School of Creative Science and Engineering; Graduate School of Advanced Science and Engineering; Graduate School of Information, Production and Systems*; Graduate School of Environment and Energy Engineering
*Entrance ceremonies for the Graduate School of Information, Production and Systems will be held at the Kitakyushu Science and Research Park.
To family members and guests
- Because the universitywide entrance ceremonies will take place underground at Waseda Arena, entering and exiting the venue may take time, and the campus may become very crowded. For those of you attending the afternoon sessions, please be sure to arrive an hour in advance.
- The entrance and exit areas will differ for family members and guests from students. Please follow staff instructions.
- Toyama Campus will be very crowded. If you will be meeting the student or other family members and guests, please gather outside the Toyama Campus area. It would also be greatly appreciated if you could take photographs at the Waseda Campus instead.
- Signboards with “Waseda University Entrance Ceremony” written on them are planned to be placed throughout Waseda Campus (near the Shigenobu Okuma Statue, the Main Gate, and the Okuma Garden).
- The Okuma Garden will be open from 8:00-17:00 (It will be closed if raining).
- If you need any special assistance to attend the ceremony, please contact the Office of General Affairs two weeks in advance regarding your inquiry. Please note that the University may not be able to accommodate to your needs depending on the request. Thank you for your kind understanding.
- Please check with the student’s respective school/graduate school offices regarding information on entrance ceremonies organized by each school/graduate school. Doors will open an hour in advance from the starting time of these ceremonies.
If you have any questions about the entrance ceremonies, please call the General Affairs Division at 03-3203-4333. If you have any questions regarding entrance ceremonies organized by schools/graduate schools, contact your respective school/graduate school.