Researchers from the University of Tokyo, Tohoku University and Waseda University experimentally and theoretically showed that the organic materialκ-H3(Cat-EDT-TTF)2 demonstrating quantum spin liquid phase in which quantum fluctuations block the formation of magnetic order may be as a result of fluctuations of hydrogen atoms.
The result of their research was published in the online version of Nature Communications on November 28.
- Published in the online version of Nature Communications on November 28, 2017
- Article title: Quantum-disordered state of magnetic and electric dipoles in an organic Mott system
- Authors: M. Shimozawa1*, K. Hashimoto2, A. Ueda1, Y. Suzuki1, K. Sugii1, S. Yamada1, Y. Imai1, R. Kobayashi2, K. Itoh2*, S. Iguchi2, M. Naka3,4, S. Ishihara3, H. Mori1, T. Sasaki2 & M. Yamashita1
- The Institute for Solid State Physics, The University of Tokyo, Chiba, JAPAN
- Institute for Materials Research, Tohoku University, Sendai, JAPAN
- Department of Physics, Tohoku University, Sendai, JAPAN
- Waseda Institute for Advanced Study, Waseda University, Tokyo, JAPAN
*M. Shimozawa and K. Hashimoto contributed equally to this work. Correspondence and requests for materials should be addressed to M.S. (email: email@example.com) or to K.H. (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)