Waseda University will be awarding an honorary doctorate to Professor Michael Hoch, Rector of the University of Bonn, to honor his outstanding academic achievements in molecular biology, in addition to his leadership and significant contribution to the Waseda-Bonn academic partnership in pursuit of promoting education and research.
To mark this occasion, Waseda University will be holding an award ceremony on the following date and time.
Date and Time
October 9, 2017, Monday
- 9:00 am – 9:30 am Doors Open
- 9:30 am – 10:30 am Conferment of Honorary Degree & Special Lecture
Waseda University students, faculty and staff, invited guests, and the general public
Japanese and English (simultaneous interpretation provided)
- Due to security reasons, re-entry is not allowed once the event starts.
- During the event, all cellphones must be turned off and changing seats is not allowed.
- No audio or visual recording devices are allowed in the auditorium.
- Anyone who causes a disturbance during the event (ie. yelling, carrying posters or signs) will be asked to leave the premises.
- The event will be recorded for PR purposes. Please understand that members of the audience may also be recorded.
- Seats are available on a first-come-first-served basis. Please understand that no admission will be allowed when the number of admission exceeds a seating capacity.
Waseda University, International Office