We copy videos of seminars and research presentations to DVDs for distribution.
Dubbing compatible media
|Videotape||VHS, S-VHS, Beta, ED Beta, 8mm, Hi-8, miniDV|
|Disk||DVD Video, Blu-ray Video, Laser Disc|
|Movie file||WMV, AVI, MOV, MPEG-4|
※VHS is compatible with PAL and SECAM, but please check in advance since there is a case where the signal cannot be read.
|DVD||Playable on DVD decks for home use|
|Blu-ray||Playable on Blu-ray decks for home use|
|MPEG-4||Playable on PCs such as Windows 10 and MacOS|
※In case of conversion to MPEG-4, it is possible to bring your own USB memory or external HDD to save the data in addition to writing the data to DVD-R discs we provide.
Dubbing fee (accessible only from on-campus)
The price includes copy fee, media fee, and slim case fee.
This is the price per dubbing for one master.
Additional editing fees will be charged for simple editing such as deleting parts of the video, inserting titles and telop, and authoring DVD menus and chapters.
How to use dubbing service
Please download the “Dubbing Application Form” .
Fill out the required information such as name and billing address, and print out the label board and submit it with Master Media to the Media Design Laboratory Desk.
The approver column of the application form must be signed and stamped with the approval of the faculty member of the laboratory to which you are requesting. For other invoices, the stamp of a faculty member who can approve the use of the budget is required.
Upon completion of the work, we will return the master media and dubbed media to you, so please check and sign for receipt.
The invoice will be sent to you by internal transfer at the beginning of the month following the date of use.
Notes on dubbing
- We will not hold responsibility for any damage to your tapes or any other problems that may occur during the work, so please do not request valuable tapes.
- Please note that we may not be able to accept tapes that are in poor condition due to age-related deterioration or mold.
- Please note that dubbing takes a few days to a few weeks depending on the number of copies, so we can’t respond in a hurry.
- Please note that we are unable to accept copyrighted works that have been sold or rented, such as TV recordings and movies.
- In accordance with the copyright law, we cannot accept the copying of tapes, DVD discs, and CPRM discs for terrestrial digital and BS broadcasting, etc. with copy guard signals.
- The copy guard signal cannot be recorded on the DVD or Blu-ray disc.
- Please note that we can only do simple editing, not complex editing.
- If you would like to print titles or other materials on the disc surface, please indicate on the application form.