In order to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus, we announce measures of Waseda University Library.
Library special entry & other services (Updated Sept. 25)
Waseda University Library is taking measures according to the university’s basic policies: (1) to place top priority in protecting the health and lives of our students, faculty, and staff; (2) to be committed to provide students with an excellent education, and (3) to continue to promote our research and scholarly work.
In offering special entry service this autumn, we regret that some parts of services will continue to be limited. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
・Libraries and reading rooms open regular hours starting from the Autumn Semester 2020 (Sept. 23)
・Seating has been reduced to ensure appropriate physical distancing.
・Please try to shorten your stay.
・Talking and group use in the libraries and reading rooms are not allowed.
・Each library or reading room may have its own policy to limit the use of some materials or facilities.
- Students (Undergraduate students, graduate students, non-degree students, Art & Architecture School students and Waseda University Senior High School and Honjo Senior High School students), Faculty & Staff, Professor Emeritus, Researchers
We are offering Special Entry and Delivery service. Please check the following website for details.
・Special Entry：Please read the guide.
・Delivery service：Please read the guide.
We are offering Special Entry. Please read the guide for details.
- Waseda Supporters Club member, Open college members (Extension Center)
We are offering Special Entry (Central Library Only). Please read the guide for details.
- All library users other than the above (Students, faculty & staff from other universities, users from cooperative agreement libraries, special auditing students and exchange students from cooperative agreement universities, General public)
The library services are temporary unavailable. The information will be announced on this website when any changes happen. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Related information: Opening Waseda University Campuses: Plans and Logic
- Please send urgent inquiries by E-mail to the following address.
info-wul(★)list.waseda.jp *Please replace (★) with @ when sending mail.
・When making an inquiry about a specific library facility or service, please include the name of the Library in your inquiry.
・Please include your school name, school year, or job title, as well as your full name and contact information (email) in your inquiry
Returning books, Suspension of the privileges (overdue books), Renewing loan periods
You can return books to circulation desks in the libraries, to Book Return Posts, and by mail service.
- Returning books to Book Return Posts
You can return books to the Book Return Posts located outside following libraries and student reading rooms when campus gate is open.
*The returned books will be processed on the next opening day. If you want them to be processed on the day, please return them to circulation desks in the libraries.
Waseda Campus: S.Takata Memorial Research Library where Book Return Post is located in front of 1st floor entrance of Building No.2, each student reading room
Toyama Campus: Toyama Library where Book Return Post is located outside entrance
Nishiwaseda Campus: Science and Engineering Library where Book Return Post is located outside entrance, Science and Engineering Students’ Reading Room (*You can not return books that you borrow from other libraries or other student reading rooms to the Book Return Post of Science and Engineering Students’ Reading Room)
Tokorozawa Campus: Tokorozawa Library where Book Return Post is located outside entrance
*Central Library does not have Book Return Post.
- Returning books by mail service
You can return them by mail service with traceable options (You-pack etc.) for the safety reason. We recommend you to keep the receipt of it.
・You are responsible for the returning including its cost.
・When you pack them for the shipping, please put them in a plastic bag in order to prevent damage by water.
– In Japanese
– In English
Dept. of Users Support
Building No.18, Center for Scholarly Information 2F, Waseda Campus
1-6-1 Nishiwaseda, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, 169-8050 TEL. 03-5286-2195
* Please write “Return Book(s)” on the front side.
Due Dates (Updated Oct. 16)
- Due dates on and after February 21 (Fri) have been extended. New due dates were announced by emails when extended and you can confirm these by MyLibrary.【Although due dates have been extended until October 15 (Thu), they will no longer be done.】
Suspension of the privileges (overdue books)
- In consideration of the impact of the coronavirus, penalties for overdue books will be as follows;
(1) Suspension until the overdue books for more than 4 days are returned
⇒Until November 16, you can borrow books in addition. But on and after November 17, you will not be able to borrow books until the overdue books are returned.
(2) Suspension after the books are returned (Based on the number of days overdue and the number of books) ⇒Exemption for the time being.
★Although the message “BLOCKS” is displayed on My Library, you can still check out books at the library.
- If you cannot visit the campus for any reason, such as if you live overseas or outside of the Tokyo area, or if all of your courses are offered online, please return the books when you are able to do so.
*If you are unable to return the books, emails reminding you to return the books will be automatically sent. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Renewing loan periods
- Loan period can be renewed from “My Library”([Menu] at the upper right of WINE>My Library). Please refer to “Renew Library Materials” and “Sign in to WINE” in WINE User’s Guide.
- As mentioned above, the penalty for overdue books is practically exempted. You can borrow new books in addition until November 16 (Mon), even if you still have overdue books. But if you have overdue books, the message “BLOCKS” is displayed on your “My Library” and you will not be able to renew the due dates of the books that are not yet overdue. Thank you for your understanding.
- If you lost the book, please email to t he following address in advance.
libmail(★)list.waseda.jp *Please replace (★) with @ when sending mail.
- Library Online Request Form [Updated 9/8]
・Online Reference [6/22-]
・Inquiry(Check the situation, or change the details of your request) [6/22-]
・Purchase Requests [7/1-]
・ILL (Interlibrary Loans)[7/13-]
The following services are still temporarily suspended.
・Letter of Introduction
- Click here to know how to use electronic materials and databases from off-campus. [For students studying at home] (Added 4/16)
- Click here for information about e-resources (databases, online journals & e-books).