Waseda University Library begins trial reading service and receives your request for purchasing e-books on the designated ones of contract databases. Please utilize them for your online lecture or study at home.
Who is eligible?
All faculty and students who are able to access the databases.
* Before using this service from off-campus, please check with the Off-Campus Access to ensure you are eligible.
* There is a temporary ID to use this feature for the part-time faculty.
Until March 2022.
For the details, please refer to the “How to use” tips in the “必ずお読みください／Read Before Use”, which is displayed at each database log-in page.
- Provides for 5 minutes with free trial reading service.
- Please be sure to fill in the “Reason for Purchase.” If you are using the e-books for class, write the class name as well.
- The Library gives priority to those who are purchasing e-books for use in online classes.
- If the request is not accepted, Library does not inform you that. We kindly ask for your understanding.
- There is a limit for 1 or 3 concurrent users to some titles*. Please refer to each Instruction for the details. Also in some cases, downloaded files have expiration date or limited access.Please note that when you use e-books for class. Please try after a while if you cannot access to the e-book.
- Though in rare cases, there are titles whose button of “request” or “trial” does not work due to decision by the vendor.
- It is different from conventional Online Request. Please make use of “Library Online Request Form(※)” as ever in the case of requests for printed materials.
(※) It has been temporarily suspended since the access to Waseda University campuses, including the libraries, was prohibited on 7 April 2020, but the application will be resumed on 1 July. (added on 20200630)
- The library purchases textbooks which faculty need for distance education on a priority basis. If you need them for classes, please make sure to fill Reason for Purchase in your request form.
- Please make sure to check the period of implementation and the eligibility for using this service.
Waseda University Library
Department of Collection Management
Email: shiryokanrika(★)list.waseda.jp ※Please replace (★) with @ when sending mail.