We will hold workshops from October 29th to November 16th. These workshops are designed to improve your ability to gather and manage materials, and also to use the library more effectively. Some programs will be conducted in English. Please come and join us!
- SE: Get along with LIBRARY!
Intended for: Students who do not know how to use library resources
DBs to be introduced: WINE, CiNii Books, Web of Science, ProQuest Newspapers, etc.
In this workshop, participants will learn how to use library resources, such as books and journal articles. Make the most of the library’s resources and improve your research skills!
*The content of this workshop is almost the same as the library guidance provided in classes such as the EDESSA Fresh-start seminar, etc.
- RE: RefWorks, a citation management tool
Intended for: Students and faculty members who want to manage bibliographic information
DBs to be introduced: RefWorks
RefWorks is a web-based bibliography manager, useful for writing research papers. It allows you to manage and store bibliographic information and make bibliographies in various formats. Let’s learn the basics of RefWorks from a ProQuest instructor!
- WE: <<Writing Workshop>> Outlining your arguments using TOEFL/IELTS writing tasks
Intended for: Undergraduate and graduate students
DBs to be introduced: WINE, WINE Plus, e-journal e-book list etc.
Learn how to outline your arguments in a convincing and clear manner for academic essays using the TOEFL/IELTS writing tasks.
* This program is collaborative workshop provided by Writing Center and Library.
- DB: Database Workshop Series Autumn 2018 provided by the Takata Sanae Memorial Research Library
Intended for: Mainly for graduate students, but undergraduates and faculty members are also welcome.
* These workshops will be delivered in Japanese.
For more details, please check here.
How to apply
From the application form in MyWaseda.
* Participants in the WE workshop are limited to 20.
* First applied, first served. Make sure to apply early!
If you want to know more about each workshop, please check the leaflet.
For workshop participants: Please evaluate our workshop at the end of the session of each workshop.