Please feel free to contact us if you have any concerns about accessing or using the Library.
Please direct inquiries to the library or the reading room you wish to use. Contact information can be found at the following page.
When you use the Library
- For those who cannot use computers, please consult the nearest service desk. Library staff will help to locate materials.
- We can communicate in writing at the service desk if necessary.
- In case of accessing a book located out of reach (e.g. on a high bookshelf, in the basement stacks) or at other libraries, please ask library staff for help.
- For visually challenged users, a reading room where library materials can be read aloud is available. Please consult library staff in advance. Magnifiers are available for loan.
* Please note that library staff cannot provide a read-aloud service, nor can they find a reader for visually challenged users.
- Users who have difficulties making photocopies by themselves should visit the Microfilms/Photographic Service on the 4th floor for assistance by staff.
For users with small children
You can take your children into the libraries below. Please see below for the details.
For users who cannot return books due to specific reason
- Users can return books by mail. The return date will be recorded as the day when the book arrives at the library.
- In case users cannot come to the library to return overdue books due to illness, penalty points can be cancelled by submission of a medical certificate.
If you need any other assistance
- The Library, in partnership with the Disabled Student Services Office (DSSO) and each School office, will provide appropriate services depending on the situation to support the research needs of students and faculty. If you have any trouble with using the Library, please feel free to contact us.