KWON, Soo Young
Professor, Korea University
Ph.D in Accounting
1993~present Korea University
1991~1993 University of Utah
1991 Ph.D. in Accounting, Washington University in St. Louis
1986 MBA, University of Texas at Austin
1984 BS St. John Fisher College transferred from Korea University
The role and legal responsibility of audit committee
Audit effort and audit quality
Audit market and audit industry
Audit risk and audit planning
Audit risk and corporate crime
- “Do social ties between CEOs and engagement audit partners affect audit quality and audit fees?” Auditing: A Journal of Practice & Theory 37(2): 139-161, May 2018.
- “The effect of industry-specialist auditors on SEO underpricing before and after the global financial crisis. Auditing: A Journal of Practice & Theory 37(1): 89-113, February 2018.
- “The effects of accruals quality on audit hours and audit fees” Journal of Accounting Auditing and Finance 32(3): 372-400, October 2017.
- “Investment Decisions in Anticipation of Recessions and Outperformance of Pre-Acting Firms” Emerging Markets Finance and Trade. 53(2): 321-338, February 2017.
- “The effect of mandatory audit firm rotation on audit quality and audit fees: Empirical evidence from the Korean audit market” Auditing: A Journal of Practice & Theory 33(3): 167-196, November 2014.
Korean Accounting Association
American Accounting Association
2018 Contribution Award from Financial Supervisory Services
2018 KICPA Research Grant
2015~2016 Korea Research Foundation Research Grant
2014~2015 Samil PwC Distinguished Professor Fellowship
2006, 2009, 2014 IBRE Research Award
2005 SK Research Award