PEREZ CASTRILLO, David
Professor of Economics, Universidad Autonoma de Barcelona and Barcelona GSE
Ph.D in Social Sciences. Field of Economics. Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales, Paris, France. 1991.
The process of funding academic research projects
Ownership, Valuation and Partnerships of start-ups
Games with externalities
Economics of Science and Innovation
Economics of Information
- “Endogeneous matching in university-industry collaboration: Theory and empirical evidence from the UK,” by A. Banal-Estañol, I. Macho-Stadler and D. Pérez-Castrillo, Management Science, forthcoming.
- “Discrimination in a Model of Contests with Incomplete Information about Ability,” by D. Pérez-Castrillo and D. Wettstein, International Economic Review 57 (3), 881-914, 2016.
- “Sharing the Surplus: A Just and Efficient Proposal for Environments with Externalities,” by I. Macho-Stadler, D. Pérez-Castrillo, and D. Wettstein, Journal of Economic Theory 135, 339-356, 2007.
- “Choosing Wisely: A Multi-Bidding Approach,” by D. Pérez-Castrillo and D. Wettstein, American Economic Review 92, 1577-1587, 2002.
- “Bidding for the Surplus: A Non-cooperative Approach to the Shapley Value,” by D. Pérez-Castrillo and D. Wettstein, Journal of Economic Theory 100, 274-294, 2001.
Research Professor, Barcelona GSE. (Dec. 2017-)
MOVE Research Fellow, (2009-)
CESifo Research Fellow, (2002-)
ICREA Academia chairs, 2015-2019, 2009-2013.
Arrow Prize in Theoretical Economics for the paper “The Principal-Agent Matching Market,” with Kaniska Dam, 2006.
Distinció de la Generalitat de Catalunya for young researchers, 2001.
Prize Haralambos Simeonidis to the best paper by Brazilian Economists for “A Simple Selling and Buying Procedure,” with Marilda Sotomayor, 2001.