WILLIAMS, James H.
Professor, George Washington University
1998 – present: The George Washington University
1996-1998: Ohio University
1994-1996: American Association for the Advancement of Science/USAID
1992-1994: Harvard Institute for International Development
1986-1992: Harvard University, Graduate School of Education
1980-1985: Obirin Gakuen
1977-1980: Kurdyla and Associates
1976-1977: NEC, Language Study Center
1974-1975: State of Florida
International Study and Attitudes toward SDG 4.7
International education and development;
Education, conflict and social cohesion;
International higher education
Education and (in)equality
- Bellino, M. & Williams, J.H. (2017). (Re)constructing memory: Education, identity and conflict. Rotterdam, NL: Sense Publishers.
- Shepler, S., & Williams, J.H. (2017). Understanding Sierra Leonean and Liberian Teachers’ views on discussing past wars in their classrooms. In Bellino, M., Paulston, J., & Worden, E.A. (Guest editors), Special Issue. Education and transitional justice. Comparative Education.
- Williams, J.H. (2017). International cooperation for development in education. Oxford Research Encyclopedia of Education. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Williams, J.H. & Bokhorst-Heng, W.A. (2016). (Re)constructing memory: Textbooks, identity, nation, state. Rotterdam, NL: Sense Publishers.
- Kitamura, Y., Edwards, D.B., Chhinh, S., & Williams, J.H. (2015). The political economy of schooling in Cambodia: Issues of quality and equity. New York: Palgrave-MacMillan. .
Comparative and International Education Society
Japan Comparative Education Society
American Educational Research Association
2017 – Japan Society for the Promotion of Science Fellowship
2016 – Fulbright Fellowship
2010 – Japan Society for the Promotion of Science Fellowship
1994 – Science, Technology and Diplomacy Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Science
Cycling, Japanese onsen, Japanese pottery