MEAGHER, Kieron J.
Professor, Australian National University
Ph.D. in Economics
2010 – Present: Professor, Research School of Economics, Australian National University
2012 – 2013 Director, Research School of Economics, ANU.
2010 – 2012 Deputy Director Research, Research School of Economics, ANU.
2010 – 2010 Associate Dean (HDR) College of Business and Economics, ANU.
2008 – 2009 Research fellowship (secondment), Research School of Social Science, ANU
2007 – 2010 Associate Professor, School of Economics, University of New South Wales
2003 – 2007 Senior Lectuer, School of Economics, University of New South Wales
1997 – 2003 Lecturer, School of Economics, University of New South Wales
1998 PhD Economics, Australian National University (2/10/98)
Thesis: The Economics of Management Hierarchies
Visiting Graduate Research Student, Yale University.
SET Summer School on Contracts and Bounded Rationality, Venice International University.
Summer Workshop in Computational Economics, the Santa Fe Institute.
1994 MA (First Class Hons.), Mathematics, University of Waikato, New Zealand.
Research Project: The Graph Reconstruction Problem
1992 BA, Mathematics and Economics, University of Waikato, New Zealand
A New Theory of Production with Applications to Mergers, Synergies and Innovation
Organizational Economics, especially hierarchies and decision making/management in firms.
Political Economy, especially public provision of infrastructure, political parties and voting theory.
- Meagher, Kieron and Suraj Prasad, (2016) “Career Concerns and Team Talent”. Journal of Economic Behaviour & Organization, 129 (September 2016), 1–17. Lead article.
- Ghosh, Arghya and Kieron Meagher, (2015) “The Politics of Infrastructure Investment: The Role of Product Market Competition”, Journal of Economic Behaviour & Organization, 119, 308–329.
- Meagher, Kieron and Andrew Wait, (2014) “Delegation of Decisions about Change in Organizations: The roles of competition, trade, uncertainty and scale”, The Journal of Law, Economics, & Organization, November 30 (4), 709-733.
- Meagher, Kieron and Klaus Zauner,
(2004) “Product Differentiation and Location Decisions Under Demand Uncertainty” Journal of Economic Theory 117(2), (August), pp. 201-216.
- Meagher, Kieron and Mark Rogers, (2004) “Network density and R&D Spillovers”, Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization 53, (February) 2, pp. 237-260.
2008 2 year research fellowship (secondment) to the Economics Program, RSSS, ANU
2005 UNSW Faculty of Commerce and Economics Non-Professorial Research Achievement Award.
2005 UNSW Learning and Teaching Award
1999 Scholarship for the European Summer Institute in Economic Theory, run by the CEPR.
1995 Full scholarship to the First Workshop in Computational Economics, the Santa Fe Institute.
1995 Visiting Graduate Research Student Scholarship, Yale University.
1994 Australian National University PhD Scholarship
1994 Selected by NZVCC for a Commonwealth Scholarship.
1993 University of Waikato Masters Scholarship (declined).
1992 Waikato University Senior Scholarship.
Martial arts, including Systema, Kali and Bagua. Rock drumming.