NAYGA, Rodolfo M.
Distinguished Professor and Tyson Endowed Chair, University of Arkansas
Ph.D., Agricultural Economics
2017-Present Distinguished Professor and Tyson Endowed Chair, University of Arkansas
2009-2017 Professor and Tyson Endowed Chair, University of Arkansas
2003-2008 Professor, Texas A&M University
1999-2003 Associate Professor, Texas A&M University
1997-1999 Assistant Professor, Texas A&M University
1993-1999 Assistant Professor, Rutgers University
1992-1993 Lecturer, Massey University, New Zealand
1991 Ph.D., Texas A&M University
Food and Health Economics
Behavioral and Experimental Economics
Behavioral and Experimental Economics
- Bazzani, C., R.M. Nayga, Jr., V. Caputo, and M. Canavari, “Testing Commitment Cost Theory in Choice Experiments”, Economic Inquiry, 55(2017): 383-396.
- Thomsen, M., R.M. Nayga, Jr., P. Alviola, and H. Rouse, “The Effect of Food Deserts on the BMI of Elementary Schoolchildren”, American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 98(2016): 1-18.
- Papoutsi, G., R.M. Nayga, Jr., P. Lazaridis, and A. Drichoutis, “Fat Tax, Subsidy or Both? The Role of Information and Children’s Pester Power in Food Choice”, Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, 117(2015): 196-208.
- Drichoutis, A. and R.M. Nayga, Jr., “Do Risk and Time Preferences Have Biological Roots?”, Southern Economic Journal, 82(2015): 235-256.
- You, W., P. Mitchell, and R.M. Nayga, Jr., “Improving Food Choices Among Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Recipients”, Health Economics, 21(2012): 852-864.
American Economics Association
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association
Mentor, Center for Childhood Obesity Prevention, COBRE-NIH, UAMS, 2016-2021.
Southeastern Conference (SEC) Faculty Achievement Award, March 2016
National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) Research Economist Appointment, March 2016–September 2018.
Distinguished Professional Contribution Award, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, February 2016
Adjunct Professor, Norwegian Institute of Bioeconomy Research, 2015-2017
Adjunct Professor, Department of Food and Resource Economics, Korea University, 2013-2016.
Adjunct Professor, Norwegian Agricultural Economics Research Institute, 2008-2015
Fellow of ARER, Agricultural and Resource Economics Review (Inaugural Class), June 2013.
Outstanding Leadership through Sensory Research Award, Society of Sensory Professionals, October 2012.
Visiting/Adjunct Professor, International Summer Campus, Korea University, July 2012.
Elected into the Philippine American Academy of Science and Engineering, May 2011.
Distinguished Alumnus Award given by University of the Philippines at Los Banos Alumni Association, October 2010.
Outstanding Alumnus Award given by College of Economics and Management, University of the Philippines, Los Banos, Philippines, July 2010.
Taiwan National Science Council Fellow, National Taiwan University, April 2008.
American Agricultural Economics Association Presidential Recognition Award , 2007.
Faculty Fellow, Texas Agri. Experiment Station, Texas A&M University, 2006
International Excellence Award for Faculty, Texas A&M University, April 2005
New Jersey Agri Experiment Station Team Award for Research, Rutgers University, 2004.
Honor Professor Award, Texas A&M University, April 2003.
Fulbright Senior Scholar Award, Wageningen University, Netherlands, 2001.
Applied Economics Award, American Council on Consumer Interests, 1999.
NJAES Team Award for Excellence in Research, Rutgers University, 1997
Food Distribution Research Society’s Presidential Award for Emerging Leadership, 1996.
Rutgers University Excellence in Research Award, 1996.
Food Distribution Research Society Applebaum Research Dissertation Award, 1992.
Southern Agricultural Economics Association Distinguished Professional Contribution Award, 1992.