Daphne Wing-yee YIU
Professor and Chairperson, Department of Management, Chinese University of Hong Kong
Ph.D. in Management
Daphne Yiu is the Chairperson and Professor in the Department of Management at the Chinese University of Hong Kong.
She received her Ph.D. in Management from the Michael F. Price College of Business, University of Oklahoma, Mphil from the Chinese University of Hong Kong, and bachelor degree from the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology.
She had short-term visiting positions at Kobe University (Japan) and University of Sydney (Australia) before.
Corporate and international strategy, strategies in emerging markets and Asia, business groups, corporate governance, and international entrepreneurship
Strategic management, international management, corporate governance, entrepreneurship.
- Yiu, D.W., Xu, Y., Wan, W.P. 2014. The deterrence effect of vicarious punishments on corporate financial fraud. Organization Science, 25(5): 1549-1571.
- Xia, J., Ma, X., Lu, J.W., & Yiu, D.W. 2014. Outward Foreign Direct Investment by Emerging Market Firms: A Resource Dependence Logic. Strategic Management Journal, 35: 1343–1363.
- Wan, W. P., Hoskisson, R. E., Short, J. C., & Yiu, D. W. 2011. Resource-based theory and corporate diversification: Accomplishments and opportunities. Journal of Management, 37: 1335-1368.
- Wan, W.P., & Yiu, D. 2009. From crisis to opportunity: Corporate acquisition, organizational slack, and firm performance before and after environmental jolt, Strategic Management Journal, 30: 791-801.
- Yiu, D.W., Lau, C-M., Bruton, G.B. 2007. International venturing by emerging economy firms: The effects of firm capabilities, home country networks, and corporate entrepreneurship. Journal of International Business Studies, 38: 519-540.
Academy of Management
Asia Academy of Management
Strategic Management Society
- Immediate Past President, Asia Academy of Management
- Representative at Large, Strategic Management Society, Global Strategy Interest Group (2013-14)
- Senior Editor, Journal of World Business
- Senior Editor, Asia Pacific Journal of Management
- Editorial board member of Academy of Management Journal, Journal of Management Studies, Journal of Cross-Cultural and Strategic Management, Organization Science, Oxford Research Reviews: Business and Management .
Cooking and design