Associate Professor, Department of Economics, Sogang University, South Korea
PhD in Economics
2016-current. Associate Professor, Sogang University
2015-2016. Part-time Consultant, Asian Development Bank
2011-2012. Research Fellow, Harvard Business School, USA.
2008-2016. Assistant Professor, University of Maryland, USA.
2008 PhD, Department of Economics, Stanford University, USA.
1999-2002 Deputy Director, International Finance Bureau, Ministry of Finance, South Korea.
1998 BA, Department of Economics, Seoul National University, South Korea.
Gender gap in East Asian labor markets
Human Capital, Market Design, Microeconometrics, Family Economics
- Effect of Online Dating on Marital Sorting, forthcoming in Journal of Applied Econometrics
- Propose with a Rose? Signaling in Internet Dating Markets (with Muriel Niederle), Experimental Economics, 2015, 18(4), 731-755
- All for One? Family Size and Children’s Educational Distribution Under Credit Constraints (with Jeanne Lafortune), American Economic Review, May 2014, 104(5), 365-69
- Multiple Testing and Heterogeneous Treatment Effects: Re-evaluating the Effect of Progresa on School Enrollment (with Azeem Shaikh), Journal of Applied Econometrics, June/July 2014, 29(4), 612-626
- Education’s Role in China’s Structural Transformation (with Benjamin Malin), Journal of Development Economics, March 2013, 148-166
American Economic Association, IZA, MPRC, KAEA
2016 “Prominent Korean Economist under age 50,” nominated by ChosunBiz
2016 Young Economist Award, the Korea-America Economic Association (KAEA)
2014 Dean’s Research Initiative, University of Maryland.
2013 Korean Research Foundation (SSK Grant)
2008 Landau Best Working paper Prize, SIEPR, Stanford University
2006 – 2008 Graduate Research Opportunity Fellowship; Taube Fellowship ; and B.F. Haley and E.S. Shaw Fellowship, Stanford University
2002 – 2005 Pre-doctoral Fellowship, Kwanjeong Educational Foundation
1998 Award for Academic Excellence, Seoul National University
1998 President Award, Alumni Association of Economics and Business, Seoul National University
1995 – 1998 Department Fellowship, Seoul National University