Professor, Cambridge Judge Business School , University of Cambridge
International comparisons of corporate governance mechanisms
Education and Academic Employment
|1984-1987||University of Delhi, India
B.Sc (Hons) Chemistry
|1987-1989||Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore, India
Post-Graduate Diploma in Management
|1991-1993||INSEAD (The European Institute of Business Administration)
M.Sc in Management
|1991-1997||INSEAD (The European Institute of Business Administration)
Ph.D. in Management
|2005-2006||UCLA Anderson Graduate School of Management
Visiting associate professor of finance
|1997-2010||Krannert Graduate School of Management
Assistant Professor 1997-2003
Associate Professor 2003-2010
|2009-2011||Haas School of Business, University of California at Berkeley
Visiting associate professor of finance
|2011-||University of Cambridge
Sir Evelyn de Rothschild professor of finance
Research Fields of Interest
- Corporate finance（コーポレートファイナンス）
- Asset pricing（資産評価）
- Information economics（資産情報経済学）
- Behavioral finance（行動経済学）
- Game theory（ゲーム理論 ）
- “Independents’ day? Analyst behavior surrounding the Global Settlement”, (with J. Clarke, A. Khorana, and A. Patel), Annals of Finance, forthcoming.
- “Patterns in the timing of corporate event waves”, (with A. Stouraitis), Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 46(1), 209-246, 2011.
- “The helping hand or the grabbing hand? Central vs. local government shareholders in publicly listed firms in China”, (with Y. Cheung, and A. Stouraitis), Review of Finance, 14 (4), 669-694, 2010.
- “Buy high, sell low: How listed firms price asset transfers in related party transactions”, (with Y. Cheung, Y. Qi, and A. Stouraitis), Journal of Banking and Finance, 33 (5), 914-924, 2009.
- “Tunneling and propping up: An analysis of related party transactions by Chinese listed companies”, (with Y. Cheung, L. Jing, T. Lu, and A. Stouraitis), Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, 17 (3), 372-393, 2009.
- “The impact of all-star analyst job changes on their coverage choices and investment banking deal flow”, (with J. Clarke, A. Khorana, and A. Patel), Journal of Financial Economics, 84 (3), 713-737, 2007.
- “Good stewards, cheap talkers, or family men? The impact of mutual fund closures on fund managers, flows, fees, and performance”, (with A. Bris, H. Gulen, and P. Kadiyala), Review of Financial Studies, 20 (3), 953-982, 2007. “Tunneling, propping, and expropriation: Evidence from connected party transactions in Hong Kong”, (with Y. Cheung and A. Stouraitis), Journal of Financial Economics, 82 (2), 343-386, 2006.
- “Changing names with style: Mutual fund name changes and their effects on fund flows”, (with M. Cooper and H. Gulen), Journal of Finance, 60 (6), 2825-2858, 2005.
- “Managerial actions in response to a market downturn: Valuation effects of name changes in the dot.com decline”, (with M. Cooper, A. Khorana, I. Osobov, and A. Patel), Journal of Corporate Finance, 11 (1-2), 319-335, 2005.
- “Investor Reaction to Corporate Event Announcements: Under-reaction or Over-reaction?”, (with P. Kadiyala), Journal of Business, 77 (2), 357-386, 2004.
- “Regulation, Taxes, and Share Repurchases in the U.K.”, (with T. Vermaelen), Journal of Business, 75 (2), 245-282, 2002.
- “A Rose.com by Any Other Name”, (with M. Cooper and O. Dimitrov), Journal of Finance, 56 (6), 2371-2388, 2001 (Reprinted in The Psychology of World Equity Markets, Werner De Bondt, ed., Edward Elgar Publishing, Cheltenham, UK, Volume II, 500-517).
- “Investment Bank Market Share, Contingent Fee Payments, and the Performance of Acquiring Firms”, Journal of Financial Economics, 56 (2), 293-324, 2000.
- “Glamour, Value and the Post-Acquisition Performance of Acquiring Firms”, (with T. Vermaelen), Journal of Financial Economics, 49 (2), 223-253, 1998 (Reprinted in Corporate Restructuring, David J. Denis and John McConnell eds., Edward Elgar Publishing, forthcoming).
|1982||National Talent Merit Scholar, India|
|1987||Delhi University Merit Scholarship|
|1988||Indian Institute of Management Merit Scholarship|
|FMA Competitive Award for Business Finance, 1996 for the paper “Glamour, Value and the Post-Acquisition Performance of Acquiring Firms”|
|1996||FMA “Best of the Best” Award, 1996 for the paper “Glamour, Value and the Post-Acquisition Performance of Acquiring Firms”|
|1999||Krannert Faculty Fellow Award|
|2000||EFA Barclays Global Investor Award, 2000 for the best paper at the Symposium at the EFA Meetings, for the paper “A rose.com by any other name”|
|2001||John and Mary Willis Young Faculty Scholar Award|
|2002||Chicago Quantitative Alliance Award, for the paper “Investor Reaction to Corporate Event Announcements: Under-reaction or Over-reaction?”|
|2003||Institute for Quantitative Research in Finance (Q Group) Grant, for the paper “Closing time? Mutual fund closures and the scalability of fund performance”|
|2008||The Chinese Finance Association Best Paper in Corporate Finance award for the paper “The helping hand, the lazy hand, or the grabbing hand? Central vs. local government shareholders in publicly listed firms in China”|
Aikido, Iaido, Astronomy, Golf, Travel