Professor of International Business, • Tübingen University
Career Opportunities for Japanese Women Working for Foreign Subsidiaries
Education and Academic Employment
|1994||Diplom-Kaufmann (Masters in Business Studies)University of Cologne|
|1994||M.S. Management, Cornell University|
|1994 – 1996||B.Econ. International Finance, Beijing University|
|2000||B.Econ. International Finance, Beijing University|
|2000||B.Econ. International Finance, Beijing University|
|2001 – 2006||B.Econ. International Finance, Beijing University|
|2006 – 2007||B.Econ. International Finance, Beijing University|
|2007 – 2009||B.Econ. International Finance, Beijing University|
|2008 – 2009||B.Econ. International Finance, Beijing University|
|2009 –||B.Econ. International Finance, Beijing University|
|2011 –||B.Econ. International Finance, Beijing University|
|2012 –||B.Econ. International Finance, Beijing University|
Research Fields of Interest
- Behavioral Finance
- Asset Pricing
- Global Financial System
- Law and Finance
- Financial Markets in Greater China Region
- “Rain or Shine? Where is the Weather Effect”, 2005, (with William Goetzmann), European Financial Management, 11-5, 559-578
- “The Costs of Bankruptcy”, 2006, (with Arturo Bris and Ivo Welch), Journal of Finance, 61-3, 1253-1305.
- “Up Close and Personal: An Individual Level Analysis of the Disposition Effect”, 2006, (with Ravi Dhar), Management Science, 52-5, 726-740.
- “Are All Individual Investors Created Equal? Evidence from Individual Investor Trading around Securities Litigation Events”, 2006, (with Paul Griffin), Journal of Contemporary Accounting and Economics, 2-2, 123-50, lead article.
- “Efficiency and the Bear: Short Sales and Markets around the World”, 2007, (with Arturo Bris and William Goetzmann), Journal of Finance, 62-3, 1029-79.
- “China and the World Financial Markets 1870-1930: Modern Lessons from Historical Globalization”, 2007, (with William Goetzmann and Andrey Ukhov), Economic History Review, 60-2, 267-312.
- “The Cost of Owning Employer Stocks: Lessons from Taiwan”, 2008, (with Yi-Tsung Lee and Yu-Jane Liu), Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 43-3, 717-40.
- “Do Retail Traders Move the Market?”, 2008, (with Brad Barber and Terrance Odean), Review of Financial Studies, 22-1, 151-86.
- “Do Individual Investors Learn from their Trading Experience?”, 2009, (with Gina Nicolosi and Liang Peng), Journal of Financial Markets, 12-3, 317-36.
- “Does Bank Ownership Increase Firm Value? Evidence from China”, 2009, (with Xiaochi Lin and Yi Zhang), Journal of International Money and Finance, 28, 720-37.
- “Systematic Noise”, 2009, (with Brad Barber and Terrance Odean), Journal of Financial Markets, 12, 547-69.
- “Does a Bayesian Approach Generate Robust Forecasts? Evidence from Applications in Portfolio Investment Decisions”, 2010, (with Chih-Ling Tsai and Hansheng Wang), Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, 62-1, 109-16.
- “Saving your Home in Chapter 13 Bankruptcy” 2010, (with Michelle White), Journal of Legal Studies, 39-1, 33-61.
- “Prior Consequences and Subsequent Risk Taking: New Field Evidence from the Taiwan Futures Exchange”, 2010, (with Yu-Jane Liu, Chih-Ling Tsai, Ming-Chun Wang), Management Science, 56-4, 606-20.
- “Individual Investors and Local Bias”, 2010, (with Mark Seasholes), Journal of Finance, 65-5, 1987-2010.
- “Accounting Rules? Stock Buybacks and Stock Options: Additional Evidence” 2010, (with Paul Griffin). Journal of Contemporary Accounting and Economics, 6, 1-17.
- “Household Consumption and Personal Bankruptcy”, 2011, Journal of Legal Studies, 40-1, 1-37 (Lead Article).
- “Bank ownership and executive perquisites: New evidence from an emerging market”, 2011, (with Wei Luo and Yi Zhang), Journal of Corporate Finance, 17-2, 352-70.
- “Did Bankruptcy Reform Contribute to the Mortgage Crisis?”, 2011, (with Wenli Li and Michelle White), American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, 3-4, 123-47.
- “Does the Location of a Stock Exchange Matter? A Within-Country Analysis”, 2011, (with Li Liao, Zhisheng Li, Weiqiang Zhang),Pacific Basin Finance Journal, forthcoming.
- “Investing in What you Know: The Case of Individual Investors and Local Stocks, 2012, (with Mark Seasholes), Journal of Investment Management, forthcoming.
- “Exercise to Lose Money: Irrational Exercise Behavior from the Chinese Warrants Market”, (with Li Liao, Zhisheng Li, Weiqiang Zhang), Journal of Futures Markets, (conditional acceptance).
- “Financial Distress without Bankruptcy: The Experience of China”, (with Joseph P.H. Fan, and Jun Huang), Journal of Corporate Finance, (conditional acceptance).
Publications in Book Chapter Contributions
- “Short Sales in Global Perspective”, 2004, (with Arturo Bris and William Goetzmann), 323-43, Short Selling (edited by Frank Fabozzi), Wiley & Sons, 2004.
- “The Chinese Bond Market: Historical Lessons, Present Challenges, and Future Perspectives”, 2008, (with Haizhou Huang), inChina’s Financial Sector Development and Regulatory Reform: challenges and Opportunities, The Milken Institute Series on Financial Innovation and Economic Growth (edited by James R. Barth and John A. Tatom).
- “Individual Investor Trading”, 2010, in Behavioral Finance (Robert W. Kolb Series in Finance), 523-37, edited by H. Kent Baker and John R. Nofsinger, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New Jersey.
- “Global Financial Integration and the Role of America: International Imbalances and the U.S. Responses”, 2011, in “Re-Developing America”, edited by Aniket Shar and Joel Colombano, University of Pennsylvania Press, forthcoming.
- “Discussions: The Corporate Savings Puzzle in China: A Comparative Perspective”, 2011, in “Capitalizing China”, edited by Joseph Fan, Bernard Young, and Randall Morck, National Bureau of Economic Research, forthcoming.
|2012-present||Member, Global Agenda Council (Fiscal Sustainability), World Economic Forum|
|2012||Best Paper Award, China International Finance Research Conference|
|2011||CHIA-LU WU Best Paper Award, 19th SFM Conference, Taiwan|
|2010||TCFA-CICC Best Paper Award on Chinese Financial Market|
|2008||Best Paper Award, Emerging Market Group/CASS Conference|
|2007||Chiang Ching-Kuo Research Grant, Taiwan|
|2007||TCFA-CICC Best Paper Award on Chinese Financial Market (runner up)|
|2006, 2008||TCFA_CICC Best Paper Award (honorary mention)|
|2006||The Sandell Grant on Retirement Research, U.S. Social Security Administration|
|2006||Best Paper Award, Journal of Contemporary Accounting and Economics|
|2005||BSI Gamma Foundation Research Grant|
|2005||Best Paper Award, China International Finance Research Conference (1st place)|
|2004||New Faculty Research Grant, UC Davis|
|2004||Best Paper Award (runner up), European Finance Association|
|2001-2002||Graduate Fellow, Pierson College, Yale University|
|2002||McKinsey & Company (Greater China) Ph.D. Insight Program|
|2000-2003||Senator, Graduate and Professional Student Senate, Yale University|
|1993-1997||Various Awards and Fellowship, Beijing University|