Position and Affiliated Institution
Full Professor, University of Milan
Ph.D. in Political Science
Education and Academic Employment
2017-present Full Professor, University of Milan
2013 Visiting Fellow, Stanford University
2011 Associate Professor, University of Milan
2005 Lecturer, University of Milan
2003 Ph.D. in Political Science, Sciences Po Paris and University of Florence
Public Opinion Processes and Resaerch Methods
Fields of Research Interests
Prejudice and Politics
- “Understanding a digital movement of opinion: the case of #RefugeesWelcome”. INFORMATION, COMMUNICATION & SOCIETY (with A. Michailidou & M. Airoldi), FirstView 08 December, 2017.
- Social Media and European Politics : Rethinking Power and Legitimacy in the Digital Era (with A. Michailidou, Eds.), London and Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan, 2017
- “The ‘new’ discourse of the Front National under Marine Le Pen: A slight change with a big impact” (with D. Stockemer), EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF COMMUNICATION, 32(2), pp. 100-115, 2017
- “Too Much an Out-Group? How Nonverbal Cues About Gender and Ethnicity Affect Candidate Support” (with S. Iyengar), JOURNAL OF EXPERIMENTAL POLITICAL SCIENCE, 3(2), 140-151. 2015
- “Debunking the Myth of a ‘Traditional’ Gender Gap in the Electoral Support for Silvio Berlusconi in Italy (1994-2013)”. ELECTORAL STUDIES, 36, pp. 117-128, 2014.
Affiliated Academic Organizations
ECPR (European Consortium for Political Research) Standing Groups on “Public Opinion and Voting Behaviour in a Comparative Perspective”; “Political Sociology”; “Gender and Politics”; “Internet and Politics”; “Political Psychology”; “Elites and Political Leadership”; “Southern European Politics”.
CERES (Consortium for European Research with Election Studies)
WAPOR (World Association for Public Opinion Research)