[Monthly Spotlight] is forcusing on a researcher to introduce his/her research.
Symmetry methods for discrete equations PENG Linyu, Assistant Professor
Symmetries, geometric mechanics, information geometry
Education and Academic Employment
2013.9 PhD in Mathematics, University of Surrey
2013.10 — 2015.3 Junior Researcher, Research Institute of Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations, Waseda University & Assistant Professor, Department of Applied Mechanics and Aerospace Engineering, Waseda University
2015.4 — 2018.3 Assistant Professor, Department of Applied Mechanics and Aerospace Engineering, Waseda University
2018.3 — Assistant Professor, Waseda Institute for Advanced Study, Waseda University
Fields of Research Interests
Geometric Integrator Theory
Moving Frames & Invariant Analysis
Dirac Mechanics & Nonholonomic Systems
- H. Sun, Z. Zhang, L. Peng, X. Duan, 2016, An Elementary Introduction to Information Geometry, Beijing: Science Press. (Originally printed in Chinese)
- Linyu Peng, Symmetries and Reductions of Integrable Nonlocal Partial Differential Equations, Symmetry 11(7) (2019): 884, 11pp.
- James A Wright and Linyu Peng, An automatic dynamic balancer in a rotating mechanism with time-varying angular velocity, Results in Applied Mathematics 2 (2019): 100015, 9pp.
- C. Zhang, L. Peng, D.J. Zhang, 2018, Discrete Crum’s Theorems and Integrable Lattice Equations, arXiv:1802.10044
- L. Peng, 2017, Symmetries, conservation laws, and Noether’s theorem for differential-difference equations, Stud. Appl. Math. 139: 457–502.
- X. Zhang, N. Wang, Y. Cao, L. Peng, H. Meng, 2017, A stochastic analytical modelling framework on ISP-P2P collaborations in multi-domain environments, IEEE Systems Journal, first version published online. (http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/stamp/stamp.jsp?arnumber=8000561&tag=1)
- Y. Cao, X. Zhang, R. Wang, L. Peng, N. Aslam, X. Chen, 2017, Applying DTN routing for reservation-driven EV charging management in smart cities, IEEE IWCMC, Valencia, Spain.
- C. Li, L. Peng, H. Sun, 2015, Entropic dynamical models with unstable Jacobi fields, Rom. Journ. Phys. 60: 1249–1262.
- L. Peng, 2015, Self-adjointness and conservation laws of difference equations, Commun. Nonlinear Sci. Numer. Simul. 23: 209–219.
- L. Peng, 2014, Relations between symmetries and conservation laws for difference systems, J. Differ. Equ. Appl. 20: 1609–1626.
- X. Duan, H. Sun, L. Peng, 2014, The alpha-geometric structures on manifold of positive definite Hermite matrices, Acta Math. Sin., Engl. Ser. 30: 2137–2145.
- Z. Zhang, H. Sun, L. Peng, L. Jiu, 2014, A natural gradient algorithm for stochastic distribution systems, Entropy 16: 4338–4352.
- Z. Zhang, H. Sun, L. Peng, 2013, Natural gradient algorithm for stochastic distribution systems with output feedback, Differ. Geom. Appl. 31: 682–690.
- X. Duan, H. Sun, L. Peng, 2013, Riemannian means on special Euclidean group and unipotent matrices group, The Scientific World Journal 2013: Article ID 292787, 9 pages.
- X. Duan, H. Sun, L. Peng, X. Zhao, 2013, A natural gradient algorithm for the solution of discrete algebraic Lyapunov equations based on the geodesic distance, Appl. Math. Comput. 219: 9899–9905.
- F. Zhang, H. Sun, L. Jiu, L. Peng, 2013, The arc length variational formula on the exponential statistical manifold, Mathematica Slovaca 63: 1101–1112.
- L. Peng, H. Sun, G. Xu, 2012, Information geometric characterization of the complexity of fractional Brownian motions, J. Math. Phys. 53: 123305.
- H. Sun, L. Peng, Z. Zhang, 2011, Information geometry and its applications, Adv. Math. (China) 40: 257–269.
- L. Peng, H. Sun, D. Sun, J. Yi, 2011, The geometric structures and instability of entropic dynamic models, Adv. Math. 227: 459–471.
- L. Peng, H. Sun, X. Sun, 2011, Geometric structure of Hamiltonian dynamics with conformal Eisenhart metric, Internat. J. Math. Math. Sci. 2011: Article ID 710274, 26 pages.
Affiliated Academic Organizations
The Mathematical Society of Japan
The Japan Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics
International Society of Difference Equations (ISDE)
Society of Foundations of Computational Mathematics (FoCM)