[Monthly Spotlight] is forcusing on a researcher to introduce his/her research.
FISHERY ACCESS AGREEMENTS OR TRADE– ESTIMATING THE DETERMINANT OF COUNTIRES’ CHOICE FROM THE ECONOMICAL POINT OF VIEW CHESNOKOVA, Tatyana, Associate Professor
Globalization and renewable resource management
My research focuses on the issues in the areas of international trade and development economics.
The aim of my current project is to understand the effect of globalization on renewable resource management such as fisheries. I and my coauthor conduct an empirical examination of fisheries access agreements on a global scale which will allow us to systematically distinguish the key determinants of these agreements and contrast them to the determinants of fish-product trade flows.
Education and Academic Employment
09/01/1999 – 9/01/2004, Ph.D. in Economics, Pennsylvania State University, USA
09/01/1997-09/01/1999, Master of Economics, New Economic School, Russia
09/01/1992-09/01/1997, Bachelor Degree, Moscow State University, Department of Cybernetics and Applied Mathematics, Russia
01/04/2017－ Associate Professor, Waseda Institute for Advanced Study,Waseda University
01/01/2015－12/31/2015 Adjunct Senior Lecturer, School of Economics, University of Adelaide, Australia
01/04/2015－04/01/2015 Visiting Researcher, IER, Hitotsubashi University, Japan
02/01/2010－12/31/2014 Senior Lecturer, School of Economics, University of Adelaide, Australia
08/30/2011－12/31/2011 Visiting Researcher, SITE – Stockholm School of Economics, Sweden
02/01/2009－02/01/2010 Senior Lecturer, Department of Economics, University of Auckland, New Zealand
09/15/2004－02/01/2009 Lecturer, Department of Economics, University of Auckland, New Zealand
Fields of Research Interests
Applied Economics, International Trade, Development Economics, Economic Theory
Affiliated Academic Organizations
- T. Chesnokova, International Trade and Economic Development: Book Review, Economic Record, 91 (292), 2015.
- T. Chesnokova, Lobby Interaction and Trade Policy, Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics, 170(4), 2014.
- T. Chesnokova and R. Vaithianathan, The Economics of FGC, The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, 10 Issue 1 (Topics), Article 64, 2010.
- T. Chesnokova and R. Vaithianathan, Lucky Last? Intra-Sibling Allocation of Child Labor, The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, 8 Issue 1 (Advances), Article 20, 2009.
- T. Chesnokova and K.Krishna, Skill Acquisition, Credit Constraints, and Trade, International Review of Economics & Finance, special issue on Research in trade: Where do we go from here?” 18(2), 2009.
- T. Chesnokova, Return Policies, Market Outcomes, and Consumer Welfare, Canadian Journal of Economics, 40(1), 2007.
- T. Chesnokova, Immiserizing Deindustrialization: A Dynamic Trade Model with Credit Constraints, Journal of International Economics, 73(2), 2007.
- Blanchard, E., Chesnokova, T. & Willmann, G. Private labels and exports: trading variety for volume. Review of World Economics, 2017, 153 (3), pp 545–572
Travel, outdoor sports, cooking