Residence Life CenterWaseda University


To International Students

Real Estate Agents and Lease Information Magazines

There are private real estate agents around Waseda University, who can offer you a variety of accommodation options. You can also find lease information magazines in bookstores. Please note that when you use real estate agents and sign a lodging contract, you will need to pay Key Money called “reikin” (non-returnable) and Deposit Systems called “Shikikin” (bond), which is a unique custom in Japan(*). Therefore, please talk to your guarantor or people who are familiar with this custom in advance before you make your decision.

* For details, please refer to the following link:
The chapter of “Housing” in “The International Student Handbook” written in both Japanese and English.

If you are interested in learning more about life in Japan, including information on leasing accommodation, please visit the website of “Multilingual Living Guide in Japan” hosted by the Council of Local Authorities for International Relations (CLAIR) . It is a very useful site as it provides detailed explanation in 13 languages on issues related to living in Japan.

Page Top
WASEDA University

The Waseda University official website
<<>> doesn't support your system.

Please update to the newest version of your browser and try again.


Suporrted Browser