IKEYA Tomoaki [ IKEYA Tomoaki ]
Faculty of Social Sciences
Research projects in the Humanities, Social and Natural Sciences: towards a new interdisciplinary study of Italy.
Institute of Italian Studies, Waseda University, was established in 2002 to facilitate academic studies on Italian culture, society, politics and economy. We have supported cultural exchange between Italy and Japan. We held several symposia on Italian study with participants from many countries. Through these academic activities, we are building an international cooperative relationship of citizens and scholars. We carry out the following six activities to fulfill the purpose.
- Facilitation of cooperation among industry, administrative agencies and academic world in Italy and Japan by design and implementation of joint research project.
- Building and activation of a network among academic institutes and scholars in the area of Italian studies plan and host of international symposium in Japan.
- Publication of survey reports and academic books.
- Promotion of cultural exchange and affiliation events of two countries
- Counsel about student exchange between Italy and Japan.
OHKI, Masatoshi(Faculty of Law, Professor)
KOJIMA Yoshie (Faculty of Letters, Arts and Sciences Professor)
SETO Naohiko (Faculty of Letters, Arts and Sciences, Professor)
CHINO Takahiro (Faculty of Education and Integrated Arts and Sciences, Assistant Professor)
IKEYA Tomoaki (Faculty of Social Sciences, Professor)
ATSUMI Keiichiro (Faculty of Social Sciences, Professor)
KIMIZUKA, Hiroyasu(Faculty of Social Sciences, Assistant Professor)
FUKUYAMA, Yuko(Faculty of International Research and Education, Assistant Professor(without tenure)
FURUTA Yasushi (Global Education Center (Associate Professor without tenure)