Center for International EducationWaseda University

Student Exchange Program


We have uploaded the below page on August 30, 2017.

Procedures for obtaining a Certificate of Eligibility(COE) for residence in Japan (for exchange students)

Those who are not of Japanese nationality and have no status of residence are required to obtain a COE before coming to Japan. Since Waseda University will apply for your COE by proxy, you are required to prepare the necessary application documents, and make sure they are complete and error-free. Once you obtain your COE, you must submit it along with the other necessary documents to the nearest Japanese embassy or consulate to have a visa stamped in your passport. When you arrive in Japan, you must present your visa and COE to the immigration officer to obtain permission to enter Japan with “student” resident status.

Page Top
WASEDA University

The Waseda University official website
<<>> doesn't support your system.

Please update to the newest version of your browser and try again.


Suporrted Browser