For Incoming Students (September 2019 entrance)

This section provides useful and important information for new students (schedule, course registration, scholarship registration, etc.). Please make sure to read them carefully.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the Admissions Office ([email protected]).



Event & Orientation Schedule

Academic Calendar AY2019, Graduate School of Asia-Pacific Studies

2019 September Health Check-up

Schedule details of orientations

2019 Orientation for International Students by Center for International Education, Waseda University (For international students excluding MEXT students)

2019 Orientation for MEXT Students by Center for International Education, Waseda University (For MEXT students)

Course Registration

Course Registration

Course registration guide for GSAPS and other graduate schools in Waseda university courses

Credit transfer application (For MA students)

Japanese Course Registration (For international students)

Required Procedure for Japanese Course Registration for International Students

Important notice for students planning to register for Japanese language courses

Website of Center for Japanese Language, Waseda University

*Information for Fall semester 2019 will be updated early September. For more details, please contact the Center for Japanese Language directly.

 Scholarship Registration

*An international student with a [Permanent Resident], [Long Term Resident], [Spouse or Child of Japanese Citizen] or [Permanent Resident] status will be required to register as a Japanese student.

Scholarship Registration for Japanese Students*

Scholarship Registration For Privately-Financed International Students

 For newly arrived International Students

*”Certificate of Eligibility” will be sent by EMS as soon as it is issued.   (Newly entering international students only)

About Certificate of Eligibility

How to apply for part-time work permit at the airport

Application Form for Part-time Work Permit

 For International Students who already hold Residence Card

Please take “Certificate of Admission”(schedule to be sent between mid August and early September) with “Letter of Admission”, which we issued at the timing of final screening result, to Waseda University Center for International Education and take necessary procedures.

Please also note that you will be able to apply for the extension of period of stay 3 months before your visa is expired.

For the necessary documents, please refer to the website of Center for International Education.

【For Prospective Students: If your current status of residence is “College Student”】

【For Prospective Students: If your current status of residence is other than “College Student”】

* If students would like to continue to work part-time, they need to reapply for “Part-time Work Permit ” to engage in activity other than that permitted under the status of residence previously granted, when they apply for “extension of period of stay” or “change of status of residence”. 
Application Form for Part-time Work Permit

Useful Links to other departments of Waseda University

Waseda University Campus Map

→For access to GSAPS, see this page.

Center for International Education (Support for International Students and Study Abroad Program)

Residence Life Center (Dormitory and Housing)

International Community Center (On-campus Cultural Exchange)