Library -Asia-Pacific Library (Floor 8, Building No.19)-
1. Library Hours
- Weekday Hours: 09:10-21:00
- Saturday Hours: 09:10-18:00
For Summer term, vacations and other term breaks, please refer to the bulletin board for details.
Closed: Sundays, National holidays (except April. 29th, December 23rd), Anniversary of the University Founding (October. 21st), Special Summer vacation, Year-end and Start-of-the year weeks, and Saturdays during vacations
- Students, faculty/administrative staff of the Graduate School of Asia-Pacific Studies (GSAPS)
- Students, faculty/administrative staff of the Institute of Asia-Pacific Studies (WIAPS)
- Students of the Graduate School, faculty/administrative staff of the Waseda University, people introduced by other institutions who have a permission from the GSAPS’s authorities
3. Entrance and Exit
Please pass through the designated gate. BDS (Electronic security device) is equipped.
4. Basic Concept of the Library
- We focus on utilization more than preservation of library resources.
- Availability of materials at the Library is considered most important. Therefore, only over-night check-out and week-end check-out are allowed.
- We are making efforts to improve digital resources.
- General books are kept in the Takata Research Library after purchase. Users are also expected to use other libraries such as the Central Library.
- Course-recommended books as listed in the GSAPS syllabus (arranged by the course code, each program, during the term)
- Reference materials
- Newspapers (in the Room 810)
6. Regulations for Using Materials
- Course-recommended books can be checked out. Notices are posted on the bulletin board.
A copy machine is located in the Library and costs 10 yen per copy. A copy card (¥1,000) vending machine is located on the 8th floor’s Common Room.
- Personal computers, either Library computers or one’s own computer, can be used in the Library.
- When requesting materials from the Library, please submit Request Form to the Library Office.
- Request for Takata Library is available also by E-mail ([email protected]). Notices are posted on the bulletin board.
- Speaking, keeping seats, drinking (bottled drinks with lids are allowed), eating, and smoking are not permitted.
- Efficient databases are available also from “Access to Academic Information ” of the Waseda University Library.