To support our PhD students in their research work and in completing their dissertations, GSAPS publishes a collection of essays twice every year. This collection is distributed to the various departments in Waseda University and research institutes. All essays are also available on the web of the Waseda University Repository. In order for the essay to be considered for print, students must follow the stipulated guidelines. A panel of examiners and The GSAPS Editorial Committee will review it and only essays that meet the requirements will be published. Many students contribute actively to each publication.
【IMPORTANT】Please submit your article after you thoroughly and carefully check the rules and guidelines and make sure you meet all the requirements. There have been many submission rejected recently due to failure to follow the submission regulations. (Ex. Inadequate way of reference, lack of cover, application form not submitted, and exceeding the word limit etc.)
Preparation of Manuscripts
Rules for Contributors
The original text of these rules is in the Japanese language. In the event of any discrepancies between the English translation and the Japanese original, the Japanese original shall prevail.
1. Submission Rules
Students presently enrolled in the GSAPS PhD Program are eligible to write and submit articles to the journal (students taking a leave of absence are not eligible). Those who have not submitted the doctoral thesis but have completed the interim presentation and withdrawn from the program may also submit to the GSAPS journal. However, in this case he/she may only submit within 3 years after his/her withdrawal. Even those who are eligible cannot write and submit coauthored articles.
2. Important Requirement for All Manuscripts
Articles submitted to the Journal of the Graduate School of Asia-Pacific Studies must be previously unpublished original research articles.
3. Submission Deadlines
Deadlines for submission: Twice per year
- The deadline for the Fall volume is in late April, by 5pm.
- The deadline for the Spring volume is in late October, by 5pm.
*The deadline for Volume 38 is April 25 (Thur), 2019 by 5pm.
|Detailed schedule for contributors|
|6/10||Notification of the first review result|
|7/29||Notification of the final review result|
|Early August||Final proofreading|
4. Required Documents and Methods of Submission
(1) Manuscript Submission
- Submit electronic versions of the article (with two different copies of the article: a Word file with the author’s name on it, and as a PDF file with the author’s name removed [for peer-review]) via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please use your Waseda e-mail address when submitting your article
- Please label the Subject Line in the e-mail as well as your attached articles (digital files) as“[Student ID]_GSAPS Journal No.XX”
- Submissions received after the deadline will not be considered for the upcoming volume.
- The time of submission is treated as the time at which the e-mail is received at the journal’s e-mail address (email@example.com).
(2) Application Form Submission
- Fill out and submit the application form to the GSAPS Office.
- You can download the application form from here.
- Students must obtain a signature and personal seal from their supervisor in order to submit the application form and manuscript to the journal.
- In addition to submitting a paper copy of the application form (with signature/seal), students should also submit a digital version of the application form (without signature/seal) to the journal’s e-mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org) at the same time you submit your manuscript Word/PDF files via e-mail.
If your submission of both (1) and (2) by the deadline cannot be confirmed by the office, your article submission will be excluded from the screening for the upcoming volume.
5. Peer-review System & Plagiarism Checks
All articles are subject to a double-blind review by anonymous referees, and final decisions regarding acceptance are made by the Editorial Board. Additionally, prior to consideration for review, all submitted articles are screened with anti-plagiarism software by the Editorial Board.
6. Method of Correspondence
Correspondence regarding the result of your submission and other information will be sent to your Waseda mail’s e-mail address provided to you at matriculation. (e.g. ○○○@fuji.waseda.jp)
7. Copyright Information
Copyrights of the articles published in this journal belong to GSAPS. As a condition of publication in the Journal of the Graduate School of Asia-Pacific Studies, all published articles are made available through the Waseda University Repository. Contributors should submit their articles with a full understanding that accepted articles will be released to the repository.
8. Contact Information
- Inquiries: email@example.com
- For questions regarding document formatting and writing guidelines, please address your inquiries to: The WIAPS Research Associates
- For general questions (submission method, etc.), please address your inquiries to: The GSAPS Office Journal Manager
- Waseda University Repository https://waseda.repo.nii.ac.jp/
・You can download the application form from here.