Waseda University Building No.19
Waseda University Nishi-Waseda Building, known as Building No. 19, houses the GSAPS, the Institute of Asia-Pacific Studies (WIAPS). Many people utilize this building: invited researchers and guests conducting research projects, students attending the GSAPS. Courtesy plays a very important role in building management.
|The GSAPS office:||9:00-17:00 (Mon.-Sat.)|
|Building. No. 19:||8:30-22:00 (Mon.-Sat.)|
|8F Common Room:||8:30-22:00 (Mon.-Sat.)|
|8F Library/ Rm.811/812:||9:10-21:00 (Mon.-Fri.)
9:10- 18:00 (Sat.)
|7F PC Rm.708:||9:00-22:00 (Mon.-Sat.)|
Requests for office work are not accepted when the university is closed; Namely Saturdays during the summer and winter break, Sundays, national holidays and other holidays.
Please check the bulletin board or Website for any changes. Building No. 19 is closed all day on Sundays and holidays.
- Building No.19 does not permit smoking.
- Copying Machines: Prepaid card-operated copying machines are situated in GSAPS library and the Common Room (Rm.810, Bldg. No.19). A copy card (¥1,000) vending machine is located on the 8th floor’s Common Room.
- Public Telephone: Card-operated telephones are on floors 1 and 7, next to the elevators.
- Parking lots: The Building doesn’t have any parking lots. Please refrain from commuting by cars.
- Rest Corner: Floors 6 and 7 are designated as Rest Corner in addition to the Common Room on floor 8. Please use the Rest Corner for resting, dining and drinking, and discussing. Drink vendors are on the same floors. Also please take care to dispose of personal litter properly.
Request for using Facilities
The office allows students to use the classrooms for the purpose of a meeting outside the class upon registration.
If the meeting is held among students, such registaration has to be completed on the day the meeting is to be held.
- Chech the vacancy at the office.
- Complete the application form and submit it to the office.
- Receive the application form with an approval from the office.
- Held the application form on the door during the time, using the facilities.
Introduction to Network Resources
PC support for GSAPS students
GSAPS is providing computer rooms on 7F (Room 708) and 8F (Room811, Room 812).
GSAPS has “TA” system to support your IT environment such as trouble shooting of common PC / printer / network.
You can find them at 708 PC room or at Asia-Pacific Library (the desk near by copy machine) on the 8th floor. Please report the trouble to “email@example.com”.jp by email, or please ask them directly. (They are not professional for IT, so they cannot clear whole trouble, especially, of your own PC.)