Dear IPS Students,
Announcement on the COVID-19 precautions for the fall semester
Starting in the fall semester, some classes will be held in-person. We would like to inform you of the precautions for campus entry, classroom use, etc. to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
The awareness and actions of each individual are important to prevent the infection from spreading. Thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation.
1. Precaution for campus entry
(1) During your commute to, when entering, or while talking classes or staying at any of the Waseda University campuses, take preventive measures against COVID-19 such as wearing a mask. If you are not talking any preventive measures, you may be declined from entering campus (However, you will be allowed to remove your mask when you are eating or exercising, etc.).
(2) If you show any symptoms such as coughing or sneezing, or if you are feeling unwell, refrain from coming to campus.
(3) Please adapt to the new COVID-19 normal, manage your health and well-being, avoid the 3Cs(closed spaces, crowded places, and close-contact settings), and take other COVID-19 preventive measures.(For more information, please refer to the Ministry of Health, Lab our and Welfare’s website on the new normal: https://www.mhlw.go.jp/stf/seisakunitsuite/bunya/0000121431_newlifestyle.html)
(4) Avoid unnecessary and nonurgent stays on campus. Leave the campus immediately once you are finished with class, etc.
(5) Avoid creating crowds anywhere on campus.
(6) Please refrain from speaking loudly in groups without wearing a mask.
(7) If you are at high risk of becoming seriously ill when infected due to an underlying health condition, a chronic illness, etc., please consult the IPS Office if necessary.
2. Requirements for entering the campus
As preventive measures against COVID-19, please comply with the following.
(1) Health check and pre-registration of major destinations using the application form on MyWaseda
Make sure to fill out the pre-registration form which can be found on MyWaseda to notify us on where you plan to go within campus before entry.
(2) Using the COVID-19 Contact-Confirming App (COCOA)
As a preventive measure, please use the COCOA application developed by the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare.
(3) Keeping a record of your activities
In case you become infected with COVID-19 or are deemed as someone who came in close contact
with a COVID-19 infected individual, personnel from the public health center or the University will be speaking with you, so please keep a record of your activities such as where you were at what time, who you met for how long, etc.
3. Preventive measures in classrooms, etc.
(1) For classrooms with a maximum room capacity of 60 people or more, a 「×」sticker will be on chairs where students are not allowed to be seated. Doing so will have students be seated more than 1 meter apart from each other in all directions. A seat map information will be posted in the classrooms, so please check the information if necessary. For classrooms with a maximum room capacity of fewer than 60 people, physically distance yourselves and follow instructions from the faculty.
(2) Hand sanitizers will be placed in classrooms and facilities, etc. When entering the building, use the hand sanitizers to disinfect your hands.
(3) The doorknobs, furniture, etc. of classrooms and facilities are disinfected once a day. When using the audiovisual devices in a classroom or when using a computer in a PC room, use the paper towel and disinfectant available in those rooms to wipe the devices with disinfectant as needed.
(4) Students should refrain from talking unless they are asked to speak.
(5) Please be assured that the classrooms at Waseda University meet the ventilation standards set by the law (30 ㎥/h per person).
4. Other items, related documents, links, etc.
◆Installing the COVID-19 Contact-Confirming App (COCOA) *COCOA is an application developed by Japan’s Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare. The use of this application is recommended by the Japanese Government.
COCOA is an application that notifies users of possible contact with COVID-19 infected individuals. It uses Bluetooth technology with the consent of the user. Because it is completely anonymous, your privacy will be protected.
By being informed of possible contact with COVID-19 infected individuals, you will be able to receive support from the public health center, such as COVID-19 testing. If the number of COCOA users increases, the spread of COVID-19 could be prevented.
Also, if you receive a notice from COCOA now, you will be able to get tested for COVID-19 regardless of whether you show any symptoms or not, or whether you are deemed as a person who came in close contact with a COVID-19 infected individual or not.
Please download the app from the link below.
Please keep records of your activity on campus using the format below.
*Record time, location, activity, who you came in contact with, etc.
|Sep. 28, 2020（Mon.）||〇||36.5||・10: 40-12: 10 Face-to-face lessons in the third row from the front of the S101 classroom and the fifth seat from the right
・12: 10-13: 00 Lunch in the student room
・13: 00-13: 30 Self-study in the computer training room
・14: 00-15: 00 Talk in the student lobby (Mr. 〇〇, Ms.△△)
IPS Office ([email protected]）