Graduate School of EconomicsWaseda University

For Alumni

Request a Certificate

A variety of certificates can be issued by the graduate school office upon request from the person to whom the certification pertains. Please be aware that requests cannot be made by phone, fax, or E-mail.

Requests Made in Person

Official certificates are issued at the School Office (10th floor Building No.3) and Academic Advising Office (first floor Building No.7)*1.
*1 If you fall into the following categories, please come to the School Office.
Completion certificate: Those who completed before 1984
Academic transcript: Those who enrolled before 1992

<Opening Hours>
■School Office
9:00-17:00(Closed during summer/winter vacation)

Academic Advising Office
9:00-20:00(9:00-18:00 during the period when classes are not held)
9:00-18:00(closed during the period when classes are not held)

  1. Fill out the prescribed “Application for Certificate” form provided, affix proof of processing fee payment, and submit the form to the staff member at the desk.
  2. Personal identification (driver’s license, health insurance card, passport, etc.) must be provided in order to confirm that the person applying for the certificate is the same person to whom the certificate pertains.

Requests Made by a Representative (accepted only in unavoidable circumstances)

A representative must provide proof of power of attorney (Form,  must be signed/stamped by the person granting power of attorney),a copy of the personal identification for the person to whom the certificate pertains, and personal identification for the representative (driver’s license, health insurance card, passport, etc.). He or she must then complete the procedures described in 1 and 2 above.

Requests Made by Post

For details, please check here.

<< Important Notes >>

  1. As a rule, certificates are issued on the same day that they are requested; however, the “Certificate of Teaching License Credit Attainment” and other certificates that do not have a prescribed form will take approximately one week.
  2. As a rule, certificate requests from those residing overseas should be made via a representative in Japan.
  3. The name on the certificate issued will be the same as the name registered at the time of enrollment (i.e., the name on a certificate cannot be changed to match a later name change, etc.).
  4. The issuing fee for all certificates is 300 yen per copy; however, the fee is 200 yen per copy (the cost for current students) up until the last day of the month in which graduation takes place (e.g., the issuing cost is 200 yen per copy through March 31 for someone who graduates on March 15).

Enquiries: Waseda University Graduate School of Economics
Email: [email protected]

Office hours: (Mon) – (Sat) 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.

Page Top
WASEDA University

The Waseda University official website
<<>> doesn't support your system.

Please update to the newest version of your browser and try again.


Suporrted Browser