School of International Liberal StudiesWaseda University

For Current Students

Student Life

Student Life

The Waseda University has the Health Support Center in building No. 25-2 by the Okuma Garden. Also, there is a Campus Health Branch Office at the 1st floor of building No. 3(near Building 11. Please see a nurse there.) Also, you can visit contracted hospitals or pharmacies near Waseda University, and then receive the healthcare benefits later. For more details, please read the pamplet(p10~13) or see the link below.

*SP1, SP2, SP4 only are allowed to receive the grant.*
If you have Japanese government health insurance and go to a hospital cooperating with Waseda, you will receive a part (up to 60,000 yen per year) of the medical expenses into your bank account registered on the My Waseda later. Make sure to show your student ID card and health insurance card at the hospital.
If you go to a hospital that is not cooperating with Waseda, you have to visit the Student Affairs Section and go through the right procedures on your own.

If you take a medical check-up on campus, the Health Checkup Report can be issued by the vending machine for ceritificates (Japanese only/300 yen). If not, please take a medical check-up at a hospital and ask them to issue a certificate there.
Health Checkup Report in English version is available at the Health Support Support Center (Bldg. No. 25-1).
*Opening Hours : Tue. Wed. Thur. and Fri. 13:30-15:40
The certificate issuance is available by March 31 of the following year of your check-up and not available for alumni.

The center is located on the second basement floor of the Studnet Center.

Valid Period of Use

One year (from the date of registration)

Necessary materials for registration

  • Individual health card or Medical certificate
  • ID photograph(3cm×4cm)
  • Student ID card
  • 3,000 yen

Training Center
MAIL:[email protected]

Classrooms are not open to students. But some classrooms are opened for the use of the certified clubs during the specific period each semester. For this use, application procedures are required at the Student Affairs section.
Please refer to :

You do not need to apply for it. The parking areas are near the North Gate, building No. 17 by the CO-OP area. Application is not necessary for parking in the Toyama Campus, either.
However, parking in Nishi-waseda campus requires your application. Go to Administration Division located on the first floor of Bldg. 51 and receive a prescribed sticker to put on your bicycle.

The Waseda University Property Management Student Housing Center can discuss this with you. You can apply for their guarantor system. They also have information on apartments and houses.
TEL: 03-5285-3016
Mail: [email protected]
*Waseda STEP 21 Bldg.
(Waseda University 1st floor of Bldg 99)

Please attend the orientation “Ginkou Kouza Issei Kaisetsu”, held by the Center for International Education at the new semester.
You can also try Mitsubishi Tokyo UFJ Bank, Takadanobaba branch (Japanese Speaker only) or Risona bank, Waseda branch to open an account by yourself.

There is recruitment on campus in April and September. Otherwise, please ask at the Student Affairs Section.
*List of a student club*

You can check activities held by ICC

Please see the homepage of the Student Affairs Section.

Please go to the MyWaseda (this homepage is in Japanese only) –>up menu「学生生活」(gakusei seikatsu) –>right menu「学生生活」( gakusei seikatsu) –>「学生生活支援」( gakusei seikatsu shien ) –>「アルバイト」(arubaito). On the Part Time Job Information page, click on 「学外アルバイト情報」(gakugai arubaito jyouhou).  For more details, please refer the link below.

If you lose something in building No. 11, it will usually come to the SILS office on the 4th floor or the School of commerce office on the 3rd floor.  It will be transferred later to the Portal Office in 1st floor of building No. 7. Please visit these offices.

Useful information for SILS students might be put on the bulletin board. If not, please ask permission at the Student Affairs Section to put it at lounges.

You need to download special software.
You can get support for settings at the Portal office in 1st floor of building No. 7.

Please feel free to visit the SILS office or talk to your academic advisor. Their office hour and e-mail address are available on the “SILS Faculty members/Office hours & Mail Address” of the Course [email protected] Your consultation will be confidential, so please do not worry and come visit us.
However, consult with the the Health Support Center for physical condition concerns.

Please visit the Portal Office at the 1st floor of Bldg.7  with your Student ID card.

Place Available

Building No. 7 (1st floor) near the Portal Office
Building No. 14 (1st floor)
Building No. 25 (1st floor )

*on the 1st floor in building No. 11 (coin-operated / in a room located on the left side of stairs to the Basement Reading Room)
*on the 2nd floor in the very back of the student lounge.
*on the 4th floor, GNC




You can use it in Room 158 in building No.9
Available time: 9:00 – 21:00 (Mon. – Sat.)

Exit from the North Gate, turn right, go straight (you will see building No.22 on the right hand.) toward Shinmejiro-Do-ri. Resona Bank is across the street (near Waseda station on Toden Arakawa Line).

You can receive it at the same place you applied for the test. (CO-OP Travel  Service Center in 2nd floor of building No. 17 on Waseda campus / 03-3202-4015) Please bring your student ID card.

There are some speciality stores near university. You can receive the information at the SILS office.

Bereavement Leave ・ Influenza

Firstly, please send e-mail to all instructors of classes you cannot attend. Their address is available at the Course [email protected] (SILS Faculty members/Office hours & Mail Address). After recovering, please submit medical certificate to the SILS office, and contact your instructors in the first class after the recovery to request special academic consideration during your leave. Notice that the final decision on a student’s absence is left to the discretion of each instructor.

Applicable Relationship to the Deceased

First-degree family members (parents, children), Second-degree family members (siblings, grandparents, grandchildren), and spouse

Number of days granted for bereavement leave

Up to seven (7) consecutive class-meeting days
*If international travel is involved, extra number of days may be granted.

Submit appropriate documentation, such as a funeral acknowledgement card, to the SILS office. The office issue “Application for Special Consideration for Leave of Absence (bereavement). After applying, hand the form you receive to your course instructor and seek special consideration.

* If you miss English I (Intensive English), English II (Tutorial English), and/or English III(English Academic Writing ), submit the application form to the office of Waseda University Academic Solutions Corporation (Building 29, Room 102)

Notice that the final decision on a student’s absence is left to the discretion of each instructor.

Page Top
WASEDA University

The Waseda University official website
<<>> doesn't support your system.

Please update to the newest version of your browser and try again.


Suporrted Browser