- Position：Assistant Professor(without tenure)
Ph.D. (University of Tokyo)
Postdoctoral Fellow (2015-2018), Japan Society for the Promotion of Science
Researcher (2018-2019), Disaster Reduction and Human Renovation Institution
Life in a slum surrounding the final disposal site
Air monitoring system in the least developed countries
Disaster reduction and human renovation in cities and villages
Major Works / Publications Awards
- Shunsuke Sasaki and Tetsuya Araki. 2013. Employer-employee and buyer-seller relationships among waste pickers at final disposal site in informal recycling: The case of Bantar Gebang in Indonesia. Habitat International, 40, pp.51-57.
- Shunsuke Sasaki and Tetsuya Araki. 2014. Estimating the possible range of recycling rates achieved by dump waste pickers: The case of Bantar Gebang in Indonesia, Waste Management & Research, 32, pp.474-481.
- Shunsuke Sasaki, Tetsuya Araki, Armansyah H. Tambunanb, and Heru Prasadjaca. 2014. Household income, living and working conditions of dumpsite waste pickers in Bantar Gebang: toward integrated waste management in Indonesia, Resources, Conservation & Recycling, 89, pp.11-21.
- Shunsuke Sasaki, Kohei Watanabe, Niluh Widyaningsih, and Tetsuya Araki. 2019. Collecting and dealing of recyclables in a final disposal site and surrounding slum residence: The case of Bantar Gebang, Indonesia. Journal of Material Cycle and Waste Management, 21, pp.375-393.
- Paper Aword: Showa Ikeda Foundation 1st Grade, 2009
- Oral Presentation Award: Man-Environment Research Association, 2012
- Poster Presentation Award; Japan Society of Material Cycles and Waste Management, 2016
Academic Societies / Service to Society
- International Solid Waste Association
- Japanese Society of Public Health
- Japan Society for Disaster Informantion Studies
Educational support in the slum of Bantar Gebang, Indonesia