Ph.D. (Comparative and International Education), Kobe University
Japan Society for the Promotion of Science DC1（2012-2014）
Part-time Lecturer, Kwansei Gakuin University（2013-2018）
Research Fellow, Graduate School of International Cooperation Studies, Kobe University（2014-2015）
Programme Officer, UNESCO Bangkok Asia-Pacific Regional Bureau for Education（2014-2017）
Postdoctoral Fellow, Graduate School of Education, The University of Tokyo（Japan Society for the Promotion of Science PD）（2016-2018）
Field of Specialization
Educational Development, Comparative and International Education, Sociology of Education
Enrollment Situations in Developing Countries
International Cooperation in Education
Internationalization/Globalization of Higher Education
Major Works / Publications Awards
- Akemi Ashida. 2018. The actual effect on enrollment of “Education for All”: Analysis using longitudinal individual data, Osaka: Union Press. （JASID Awards 2018, Incentive Award）
- Takeshi Sekiya and Akemi Ashida. “An Analysis of Primary School Dropout Patterns in Honduras,”, Journal of Latinos and Education, 16:1, 65-73.
- Akemi Ashida and Takeshi Sekiya. 2016. “Changes in the repetition and dropout Situation in Honduran primary education since the late 1980s,” Education 3-13: International Journal of Primary, Elementary and Early Years Education, 44:4, 458-477.
- Akemi Ashida. 2015. “Study of factors preventing children from enrolment in primary school in the Republic of Honduras: analysis using structural equation modelling,” Education 3-13: International Journal of Primary, Elementary and Early Years Education, 43:5, 579-594.
Academic Societies / Service to Society
- Japan Society for International Development
- Japan Comparative Education Society
- Japan Society of Educational Sociology
- Comparative and International Education Society
- United Nations Student Volunteer (2008.5-2008.9)
- Board member, Association of International Cooperation and Training (2013-present)
Web Page/ Researcher DB