Research Institute for Environmental Economics and Management
This institute conducts empirical studies that examine firms' environmental voluntary actions as well as public policies for energy conservation, renewable energy and emission trading, providing evidence-based policy recommendations. We attempt to develop new areas of environmental research by integrating interdisciplinary perspectives from economics, business administration, political science, and engineering. Research results will be reported mainly by publishing them in leading academic journals and presenting them at academic conferences. We will collaborate with research institutes in the U.S. and Europe and conduct comparative studies on environmental policies across countries, with an aim to propose policy measures that are not only effective but also acceptable to stakeholders. We will also examine developing countries where carbon dioxide emissions are expected to increase, in collaboration with research institutes in those countries. We hope that this institute will eventually serve as a research hub in the Asia-Pacific Region for environmental economics and management, and policy studies.
- 19/02/2019 Discussion paper No.1901 has been uploaded.
- 15/01/2019 Discussion paper No.1804 has been uploaded.
- 28/08/2018 Discussion paper No.1803 has been uploaded.
- 12/07/2018 Newsletter No.7 , Newsletter No.8, Newsletter No.9, and Newsletter No.10 have been uploaded.
- 24/05/2018 Discussion paper No.1802 has been uploaded.
- 27/03/2018 Discussion paper No.1801 has been uploaded.
- 01/18/2018 Newsletter No.5 and Newsletter No.6 have been uploaded.
- 11/21/2017 We will host a workshop (in English) on 14th December. detailed information
- 11/17/2017 We will host a symposium "Paris Agreement and International Trends of Carbon Pricing" on 15th December. Please register here if you would like to attend the symposium.
- 10/19/2017 Newsletter No.4 has been uploaded.
- 09/19/2017 We will host a workshop (in English) on 6th October. detailed information
- 08/28/2017 Newsletter No.3 has been uploaded.
- 05/18/2017 We will co-host a workshop (in Japanese) on 26th May. detailed information
- 05/10/2017 We will host a workshop on 16th May. detailed information
- 05/04/2017 Discussion paper No.1703 has been uploaded.
- 03/25/2017 Discussion paper No.1702 has been uploaded.
- 03/17/2017 Discussion paper No.1701 has been uploaded.
- 03/11/2017 Newsletter No.2 has been uploaded.
- 02/24/2017 Newsletter No.1 has been uploaded.
- 10/22/2016 The venue for the workshop on 5th November was changed. detailed information
- 10/14/2016 We will host a workshop titled "Intergenerational equity, discounting and international agreement in global warming" on 5th November. detailed information
- 2016.10.14 HP is open.