Starting to Use the Waseda-net Portal
What the Waseda-net portal is
The Waseda-net portal is a “gateway to services” in order to access the multitude of information going about the campus. Using the Waseda-net portal make you get the information you need more quickly. You can also use it after graduation to get information on the alumni association, lifelong learning, and career development.
What to do when starting to use the Waseda-net portal
１．Getting your Waseda-net ID (e-mail address)
- Your Waseda-net ID is the user ID you need to login to the Waseda-net portal.
- Your Waseda-net ID is also used as an e-mail address.
- Your Waseda-net ID is also used after graduation as a lifetime address.
- Your Waseda-net ID and password are used as the user ID and password to use computer rooms, wireless LAN connections, DHCP connections and other services.
- What you need to get your ID
- １．A computer connected to the Internet （you can use a computer room）
２．Your“Waseda-net Portal: User Copy”
- Procedure for getting your Waseda-net ID
- See HERE for the procedure for getting your ID.
- About the “Waseda-net Portal: User Copy”
The “Waseda-net Portal: User Copy” is one of the documents given out to new students entering Waseda University before they enroll or distributed at the orientation guidance (or similar) at the time of enrollment.
If you have lost your copy of the “Waseda-net Portal: User Copy,” please bring your student ID card (or your examination card if you have not yet been issued a student ID card) to the Offices for Password Reissue.
If you have not got a copy of the “Waseda-net Portal: User Copy,” inquire at the administration office of your faculty or graduate school.
2．Changeing your password
You must change your initial Waseda-net password after getting your Waseda-net ID, as using the default password will create a security risk. This is an important step.
- How to Change Your Password
- See HERE for how to change your password.
3．Get an authentication system user ID
You must complete the procedures necessary to get an authentication system user ID in order to access the information systems at Waseda University. To reduce the security risk, be sure to change the default ID.
- How to Get an authentication system user ID
- See HERE for how to get an authentication system user ID.
Take a computer security seminar for new students
New students and new graduate students must take and pass the following seminar and test in order to acquire correct knowledge to use the IT services provided by Waseda University such as PCs, Internet services and mail services.
- Computer Security Seminar for New Students
- Information Ethics Test
If you don’t take the seminar and pass the test before the deadline, your Waseda-net ID may be suspended. Without your ID, you cannot use the IT services in Waseda University such as Waseda-net portal, Course N@vi, course registration application, grade report and computer rooms.
Use of computer rooms and network services
While you are attending the university, you are able to use the university computer rooms and intra-university network services.
The user ID and password needed to use these services is your Waseda-net ID and your Waseda-net password.
- Points to note for the day you are issued your Waseda-net ID
- For the day you are issued your Waseda-net ID only, the initial login ID to Waseda-net in your “Waseda-net Portal: User Copy” is your user ID for the computer rooms and intra-university network.
The Waseda-net ID you have acquired will be able to be used normally as your user ID from the following day.
- Use of the computer rooms
- See HERE for how to use the computer rooms.
See HERE (in Japanese) for the equipment and availability of the computer rooms.
- Use of the network services
- See HERE (in Japanese) for how to use the network services.