About this siteSite mapWASEDA University Home
Roadmap to Study Abroad at Waseda University @ image
Graduate Undergraduate Intensive JAPANESE SILS
Top >> Undergraduate Programs Top>>Essentials for Application - Download -
Prior to Application
Application Materials
Program Duration
Road Map for Apply
Mid-study / Mid-program Matters
States of enrollment
Syllabus Search
Grading System
Essentials for Application
Method / Deadline / Result
Contact us
All documents must be written in Japanese or English.
If the original document is written in another language, Japanese or English translations must be attached. Photocopies of documents will not be accepted. Please confirm that all documents have been provided and all procedures  are completed.  If any items on the list have not been completed, your application will not be accepted.

*Application Forms and Visa documents will be updated in October
This website uses Adobe Acrobat Reader to browse PDF files.
Please download the plug-in for Adobe Reader (free of charge) from the following website:
>>Download Adobe Reader
If you are unable to read Japanese fonts in PDF format, please download the following pack: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/acrrasianfontpack.html
Exchange Program Forms
Exchange Program Application
Academic Objectives and Study Plan at Waseda University written in Japanese
Letter of Recommendation
Certificate of Enrollment issued by the home institution.
< Note >
* This document verifies current student status and expected graduation date from home institution.
Official Transcript
Score Report of Level 1 on the Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT).
5 Color, Passport Style Photographs (3 x 4 cm), 1 for visa and 4 for program application
Certificate of Eligibility (COE) Application Form 
< Note >
* See important points regarding the application for the COE on the 1st page.
Statement of Financial Resources
Agreement for Defraying Expenses
< Note >
* If an individual other than the applicant is covering study abroad costs, a bank balance certificate from that individual will be required.
Copy of Passport (page with photograph)
Bank Balance Certificate
< Note >
* This statement must indicate that you have an equivalent of AT LEAST 1,000,000 YEN in your bank account. This total may include your scholarship / bursary.
Certificate of Scholarship
< Note >
* Only for scholarship exchange students
* An official certificate from the organization that issues your scholarship indicating the amount and duration.
"Did you confirm all requested documents and procedures ?"
top of page
Copyright 2005 Waseda University All rights reserved.